TEMPROBE™ is a patented, precision temperature sensing instrument. The subminiature thermocouple tip can be placed anywhere on a board, including profiling in wet solder paste or on fine pitch component legs.TEMPROBE™ is used in place of a conventional thermocouple to monitor the temperature of critical solder joints or components in soldering and rework processes.TEMPROBE™ is compatible with all thermal profilers.
Quality, Precision, Function
- Prevent PCB Damage
- Eliminate soldering or bonding of thermocouples to PCBs.
- Cut Labor Cost – Installation and removal take just seconds.
- Produce Reliable Profiles – High contact pressure and low thermal mass give fast, reliable response.
- Profile in Wet Solder Paste – Profile the first pass of a PCB through the oven.
- Monitor Temperature Anywhere – Small, durable thermocouple tip fits in tight places.
- Profile on the first pass through the oven by placing the Temprobe™ thermocouple tip in wet solder paste.
- Profiles are more accurate with Temprobe™ because no added material (solder or epoxy) is used for attachment.
- The Temprobe™ Thermocouple tip is preloaded to maintain high contact pressure throughout the profile.
- Temprobe™ makes it easy to take more profiles with greater reliability, to support ISO and SPC data requirements.
- Temprobe™ cuts labor, PCB rework and scrap to provide quick payback!
- No costly sacrificial test boards for temperature profiling.
- No soldering or bonding, so no residue or mechanical damage to the board assembly
- No need to rerun profiles because a taped down wire thermocouple lifted off the board.