The MPL 3100/3200 Manual/semiautomatic placer
Specialized for CSP, BGA and QFP placement. Vision with split optic enables picture overlay of board and component for easy alignment. Motorized axis for automatic placement.
- Prototyping, small batch, rework
- Image overlay alignment system
- Precies fine pitch placement
- BGA and Micro-BGA placement
Complex components such as BGA or QFP require special optical aids for placement, even for manual or semiautomatic placement for prototypes or small batches.
The Microplacers MPL3100 and MPL3200 are versatile placement machines for such applications. They allow highly accurate placement of modern components, such as BGA, Micro-BGA, CSP, Flip Chip and fine pitch QFP.
- Ideal for components with high lead count
- Suitable for very small components
- Easy alignment by image overlay
- High accuracy placement
- Wide zoom range for CSP to QFP
- MPL3200: placement force control
- MPL3200: Automatic pickup and placement
- Versatile substrate holder
- Ease operation
The vision with beam separation is placed between the component and the substrate. Both images are superimposed for easy alignment. For best contrast, the dual-colour illumination can be set individually.
The alignment is simple: The component is moved and rotated until both images are matching.
For large-sized QFP a split optic is used that enlarges two opposite corners of the component.
A calibrated, play-free guidance guarantees the offset-free placement of the aligned component. Placement is controlled manually (MPL3100) or by computer with force measurement (MPL3200).